Programming ESP32CAM using Arduino Uno
Installing VS Code on Raspberry Pi
Using Personal Access Tokens with GIT and GitHub
Setting up an Ubuntu lab in Azure Labs
Installing Visual Studio Code on Fedora 31
- Programming ESP32CAM using Arduino UnoThis is inspired by several others who have previously completed this task. This is a compilation of what I learned from various sources in case it needs to be reproduced in the future. NOTE: Most […]
- Installing VS Code on Raspberry Pihttps://youtu.be/UIfB9spu31M Log into the Raspberry Pi Open the web browser and go to https://code.visualstudio.com Click Other platforms Under the Linux section (penguin icon), to the right of .deb, […]
- Using Personal Access Tokens with GIT and GitHubhttps://youtu.be/kHkQnuYzwoo Recently I was alerted by GitHub that I should stop using a username/password when using the GIT command line utility. Instead of a password, I should be using a Personal […]
- Setting up an Ubuntu lab in Azure LabsI have recently had the opportunity to begin using Azure Labs (https://labs.azure.com) for my classes. This lab environment helps to replace a previously self-made and self-maintained VMware […]
- Installing Visual Studio Code on Fedora 31https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxgNDBoGN8I Install SNAP Microsoft released updates to Visual Studio Code as a SNAP package. Snap is a package management utility similar to apt, yum, or dnf, that is […]
Installing VS Code on Raspberry PiA short walk-through of installing Visual Studio Code on a Raspberry Pi.
Additional written instructions can be found at https://edgoad.com/2021/02/installing-vs-code-on-raspberry-pi.html
Intro to Raspberry PiA brief introduction to the Raspberry Pi and how to use it.
Intro to using GIT and GitHubA brief walk-though of how to setup and use GIT and GitHub.
Using Personal Access Tokens with GIT and GitHubA short walk-through of how to use Personal Access Tokens to work with GitHub.
Written instructions can be found at https://edgoad.com/2021/02/using-personal-access-tokens-with-git-and-github.html
Monitor the health of your Azure virtual machine by using Azure Metrics Explorer and metric alertsA walk-through of how to setup monitoring on your virtual machines in Azure and how to enable alerting for specific metrics
Secure your Azure virtual machine disksA walk-through of the Microsoft Learn Lab to secure your VM disks. This lab shows you how easy it is to create a key vault in Azure and then use those keys to encrypt the VM hard disks
Protect your virtual machine settings with Azure Automation State ConfigurationA walk-through of how to use Azure Automation State Configuration to publish and manage DSC templates
Create Azure users and groups in Azure Active DirectoryA walk-through of the Microsoft Learn Lab. This lab shows how to create an Azure AD environment, create users, and groups in AAD.
Setting up AD TrustsA walk-through of setting up trusts in Active Directory
Transferring and Seizing FSMO RolesA short walk-through showing different methods of transferring the Flexible Single Master Operations (FSMO) roles in AD. First we transfer them using the GUI tools, then via PowerShell. Finally, we show how to forcibly seize the roles.
Creating AD SitesA walk-through of how to create Active Directory Sites, Site Links, and Bridgehead servers to assist in AD replication
Secure your Azure SQL DatabaseA walk-through of the Microsoft Learn lab to secure our SQL database in Azure. This lab shows several ways to secure the database with firewalls, user permissions, data masking, and advanced security options.